Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Of Torturing Mom and Talking...

I've been awfully proud of myself because I've been eating fairly well and exercising and I'm starting to feel results. Yay, right?

Well, Wyatt came up to me today while I was nursing Ryan and became hysterically fascinated with my spare tire. He would do the Pillsbury Dough Boy thing to my belly and when his finger completely disappeared in the fat roll he would BURST out into a full belly laugh. This kept him in stitches for at least 5 minutes. Stinker! :)

He hasn't seemed interested in talking other than single syllables, but when he does I swear he has verbal dyslexia. Up is "Pu." Down is "Now." Cat is "Ta." Etc, etc.
Then yesterday I asked him where my toothbrush was and he said "Ount Know" clear as anything. The tone reminded me of a teenager, as if to say, "How should I know where you put your toothbrush? Am I your toothbrush's keeper?" I'm wondering if he knows how to talk but loves to watch us think he doesn't.

I can't imagine the Boone home without our little man in a pint-sized body. He's independent and has had a grown up sense of humor since he was about 8 months old. He just cracks us up and makes us whole!

No comments: